This is a traditional Breakfast casserole from both the Seedall and Wilson families that we serve EVERY Christmas morning.
- 1 1/2 C. milk
- 1 doz. eggs
- 1 Can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 slices bread ( or enough to cover pan)
- 3 green onions ( or more)
- 1/4 C. Milk
- 1 C. grated cheese (cheddar)
- 1 lb. link sausage ( ham or bacon may be used)
- 1 - 2 oz. can of mushrooms (optional)
- 3/4 t. dry mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
2. Beat eggs and add mustard, the 1 1/2 C. of milk, onion, salt and pepper. Pour over bread, cheese and sausage. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
3. Just before serving, dilute mushroom soup with the 1/4 C. milk. Add mushrooms (drained) and pour on top of bread and sausage mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.