- 20 reduced fate Nilla Wafers, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold margarine
- 1 pkg (8 ounces) Neufchatel Cheese, 1/3 less fat than cream cheese, softened.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
2. Beat cream cheese and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs and 2 tablespoons flour; mix well. Blend in 1 tablespoon of the lemon peel, lemon juice and baking powder; pour over crust.
3. Bake 25-28 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with remaining grated lemon peel, is desired, just before cutting into squares to serve. Store leftovers in refrigerator.