- 8 whole graham crackers
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 12 pecan halves, plus 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
2. Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add the eggs and mix well. Pour this over the pie filling. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center of the cake is set. Cool to room temperature.
3. Mix the reserved pie filling and caramel topping n a small saucepan and heat for about 1 minute, or until spreadable. Spoon the apple-caramel mixture over the top of the cheesecake and spread evenly. Decorate the edge of the cake with pecan halves and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Refrigerate the cake until ready to serve.