- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- whipped cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Crust - In medium bowl, combining graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and 1 tablespoon sugar. Stir well enough to coat all crumbs with butter, but not so much as to turn the mixture into past. Keep it crumbly. Put foil partway up the outside of an 8-inch springform pan. Press the crumbs onto the bottom and about two-thirds of the way up th sides of the springform pan (you don't want the crust to form all of the way up the back of the cheesecake). Bake crust for 5 minutes, then set aside until you are ready to fill it.
3. Filling - In large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and vanilla. Mix with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the pumpkin, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Continue beating until smooth and creamy. Pour filling into springform pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes (the top will turn a bit darker at this point).
4. Remove cheesecake from oven and allow to cool. Place in refrigerator when cake comes to room temperature. When the cheesecake has completely chilled, remove pan sides and cut. Serve with a generous portion of whipped cream on the top.