- 4 T margarine(or butter) softened
- 1/4 C. applesauce
- 2 eggs ( 2 T. dehydrated eggs + 1/4 C. water
- 2 T. skim milk or water
- 3/4 C. packed light brown sugar
- 1 C. mashed banana (2-3 medium bananas)
- 1 3/4 C. Whole wheat flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt (optional)
- 1/4 C. coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
1. Beat margarine, applesauce, eggs, milk, and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until smooth. Add banana and blend at low speed; beat at high speed 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix into batter. Mix in nuts. Pour batter into greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees F until bread is golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (55 to 60 minutes). Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool to room temperature.
**Helpful Hint** If you don't have two bread pans but want to double the recipe, you can always put it in a bundt pan. This works great for brunches or anytime you want to "dress up" the bread/ Be sure to lengthen the baking time by about 5 or 10 minutes when using the bundt pan.