- 4 boneless chicken Breast Halves
- 2 lbs. fresh broccoli, well trimmed and cooked until tender crisp.
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup milk, or more for desired consistency
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup salad dressing (Miracle Whip)
- 1 squirt of mustard
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups rice, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Simmer chicken breasts in water for about 30 minutes, or until tender (you may add a bay leaf, ½ medium onion, sliced, and a sliced stalk of celery or two to season the stock for another use). Remove chicken from broth and cool enough to handle. Cut or shred into pieces.
2. In a 9x9x2-inch pan, layer the bottom with cooked broccoli and chicken. Make a sauce by combining soup, milk, mayonnaise, and salad dressing, and mustard. Stir until smooth. Add cheese. Add more milk if necessary to thin the sauce a little. Add lemon juice. Taste to correct seasonings.
3. Pour sauce over chicken and broccoli to cover chicken pieces completely. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for about one hour. May be served over rice. Makes 5-6 servings.