Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sweet Pork Burritos


**The measurements aren't exact and you can make it bigger or smaller.

In a crock pot:

Sirloin Boneless Pork Roast (about a 3 lb roast)
Coke to cover {I used DR Pepper. It was much sweeter and I liked the taste better. I used about 1/2 can}
1/2 cup honey
1/4 brown sugar
1 bottle of Honey BBQ {I didn't use a whole bottle it does add a nice sweet taste but about 1/2 - 1 cup is about right. PS...I really like Sweet Baby Rays brand}

1. Cook on low for about 5-6 hours or till tender and falling apart. Take out of juices and shred. Keep 2 -3 cups of the liquid coke/honey/sugar mixture put your shredded pork back into the roaster/Crockpot in the 2-3 cups and let it be in the Crockpot until your ready to eat.. This freezes beautifully.


Sweet Rice:

This is a made up recipe because I'm trying to get a recipe similar to Bajio but just make this to taste. When I do it I saute regular rice, some onion, and garlic in some oil. Then add some chicken stock and/or water, salt and some sugar. Cook the rice as directed. Then I squeeze lime juice all over.

To make the burritos use the rice, some beans (I like black) and the pork. I like to buy an avocado and mix it with some ranch and sour cream for a yummy sauce!
The thing that definitely "makes" the recipe is the uncooked flour tortillas. Best Bites also had a great homemade tortilla recipe. {I was surprised at how easy it was to make my own tortillas and they were way good}!

Recipe courtesy of http://tastethejoy.blogspot.com/

No comments: