- 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked, chopped
- 3 cans cream of chicken soup
- 3 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 7 oz can green chilies, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 dash thyme
- 1 dash curry powder
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 Tbl onion, chopped
- 1 lb Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 packages flour tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, mix together soup, sour cream and spices.
2. In large bowl, mix chicken, onions and 3/4 cheese. Add in a small amount of the soup mixture, just enough to make the mixture slightly wet.
3. Grease a 9x13 pan and a 9x9 pan. Spread a small amount of sauce in the bottom of each dish. Fill each tortilla and place in dish. Pour remaining amount of sauce over enchiladas, and then top with remaining 1/4 cheese.
4. Bake for 45 minutes. 12-16 Servings
1. Add refried beans to each enchilada (Gub prefers it without the beans so maybe do 1/2 and 1/2)
2. 1/2 a tsp of cayenne pepper is plenty... maybe even only 1/4 tsp.
3. Leave out the 2 tbls chopped onion and stick to just the green onions (they are more mild and don't crunch).