- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 can black refried beans
- 1 can red enchilada sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup brown sugar-- or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 10-12 flour tortillas
1. Brown ground beef in a large pan. Drain off fat & add refried beans, 1/2 of the enchilada sauce, brown sugar & onion powder. Mix well & bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
Fill one tortilla with about 1/4 of a cup of filling & 2 Tbsp. cheese. Roll up & place in a 9x13 pan. Repeat process until pan is full. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over prepared enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve with sour cream, chopped tomatoes, sliced olives, diced onions, shredded lettuce, avocado or guacamole.