- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons butter1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or sour milk *see below*
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, place in mixing bowl; add sugar, baking powder, and salt; stir to mix. Cut butter into flour until lumps resemble peas. Gently stir in shredded cheese and chives.
2. Add buttermilk and stir just until moistened. Drop by spoonful on non-stick or lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
**Buttermilk may be replaced with soured milk. Milk can be soured by adding 2 tablespoons lemon juice (do not use milk that has soured from old age or spoilage).