- 1 1/2 lbs. very small new potatoes, about 15
- 1 to 1 1/2 c. fresh new peas (or frozen)
- 3 tbsp. sliced green onion (optional)
- 4 tsp. butter
- 4 tsp. all purpose flour
- 1 c. milk
- 1-2 T. sugar
1. Scrub potatoes, cut off a narrow strip of peel around center of potato. Cook in boiling salted water 15 to 20 minutes; drain.
2. Cook peas and onion in salted water 8 to 15 minutes; Drain. If using frozen peas just add to the sauce frozen.
3. Make a white sauce of butter, flour, dash of salt and milk and sugar. Combine vegetables and sauce.