4 green bell peppers, stemmed and seeded
2 jalopeno peppers steamed, seeded and deveined
2 cloves of garlic
2/3 cup white vinegar
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 package (1.75oz/49 to 57 g) regular powered fruit pectin
3 2/3 granulated sugar
4 to 5 drops green food coloring
1. In a blender or food processor fitted with metal blade, puree green peppers, jalopeno peppers and garlic till smooth.
2. Transfer puree to a dampened cheesecloth set over a deep bowl. let drip, undisturbed, for 30 minutes. Measure 1 1/2 pepper juice. if you do not have the required amount, add 1/2 cup boiling water to the remaining pulp in the jelly bag to extract additional juice.
3. Meanwhile, prepare canner, jars and lids.
4. Transfer pepper juice to a large, deep stainless steel saucepan. Add vinegar and lemon juice. Whisk in pectin until dissolved. Bring to boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Boil hard, stirring constantly, for one minute. Remove from heat, stir in food coloring, if using, and quickly skim of foam.
5. Quickly pour hot jelly into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Screw band down until resistance is met, then increase to fingertip-tight.
6. Place jars in canner, ensuring they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil and process for 10 minutes. Remove canner lid. Wait 5 minutes, then remove jars, cool and store.